You may think the cost of living is rising, but have you considered the cost of dying? And did you know it’s at an all-time high? It’s not something anyone likes to think about – but doing so while you can will save heartache and pain for your loved ones later. It will also save money that you can use to create treasured memories for you and your family now.
According to a recent UK Cost of Dying Report, in 2018, the average cost of a funeral – not including the wake – was £4,271, and it’s predicted to rise in coming years.
Planning practically and financially now for your funeral will ease the emotional burden for your next of kin at a distressing time. It will also be a great comfort to your family having created the day exactly how you wanted it.
Have you ever taken some time to consider:
- Burial or cremation? What kind of coffin? Do you want it personalised?
- Transport. A hearse is traditional. Or do you want something that’s more ‘you’?
- The service. Choose your preferred setting, music, readings and dress code. And do you want flowers or donations?
- The wake. Is there a special place you’d like your loved ones to celebrate your life?
- Funeral costs. These vary across the country. Look into how much it will cost in your area – as well as the coffin, you’ll need to pay the funeral director’s fees, doctor’s fees and clergy or officiate fees.
- Wake costs. These will include venue and limo hire, catering and notices.
At Crystal, we can help you pre-plan and pay for end of life services – and you can fix the costs at today’s prices.
We’re trusted experts who believe it’s never okay to get bad advice. Ours is clear, straightforward and honest. Get in touch for a free no-obligation consultation – and see how we can help you and your family enjoy peace of mind. Contact us on 01270 845111 or visit our website our Financial Well-Being website for more information.